Wednesday, August 17, 2011

County Fair Winners

This year we entered 8 quilts into the county fair.
This is the first, designed by myself using the accu cut machine. It received a 1st place.

Look what we found here, a cute little boy and his third place picture of a pig. 
 This quilt was in the baby or crib quilt division, it was a kit we got at the NQA show. Anyone who knows me knows that if it has cows and pigs on it I have to have it. But needless to say this one brought home a 2nd place.
 This quilt was actually made by my grandmother. The quilt is called Tractor Pullin'. In our family there is only one color of tractor. That being said I'm sure you can figure out what kind it is from the red tractors on this quilt. Grandma always tells us her quilts would never win anything but she won 1st place with her quilt!
 This quilt was done by my mother for a challenge Thur the local quilt guild. The theme was lights camera action, or something close to that. With her quilt she won 1st place!
 This quilt is hand embroidered and we don't know much history about it. What we do know is we saved it from a man at the flea market that had no clue about quilts. He was going to bleach it to get rid of the stains. This quilt won 3rd place

 This quilt is the ending of a stain glass window class. The quilt turned out very nice but it is not one of my favorites. I know living in Buckeye country everyone thinks you have to be a Buckeye fan but not me. So this 1st place quilt is for sale for $100.00

I also entered four pictures, two of them received second place. I forgot to take a picture of them. And I didn't take a picture of the other quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Your quilts are amazing. You are definitely very talented. I especially love the sunflower one! So cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! Hope life is treating you well! =)

    ReplyDelete